Bamboo Beam Carbonized 100 x 100 mm - 244 cm
This solid bamboo beam has a head size of 100 x 100 mm and a standard length of 244 cm. The beam is made up of carbonized bamboo strips that are glued in a longitudinal direction. The layered construction provides high stability and a unique appearance (two sides with a "side pressed" appearance and two sides with a "plain pressed" appearance).
Bamboo beams are ideally suited for structural indoor applications due to their high bending strength, tensile strength, stiffness and hardness. In contrast to conventional wood, solid bamboo beams are very regular in terms of dimensions and construction, in addition, bamboo has no knots or outflow of resins, which makes them very easy to process.
Bamboo beams are often used for the production of window and door frames, table legs, and all kinds of construction applications.
|Bamboo species:||Phyllostachys edulis (Moso)|
|Brinell hardness (HB):||≥ 4 kg/mm²|
|Bending strength:||56.7 N / mm² (SP), 50.8 N / mm² (PP)|
|Modulus of elasticity:||9721 N / mm² (SP), 8866 N / mm² (PP)|
|Use class:||Class 1 (EN 335)|
|Fire class:||EN 13501-1: Class D-s1-d0|
|Glue:||Dynea Prefere 4410 water resistant|
|Formaldehyde emission:||Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m³, EN 717-1)|
|Equilibrium MC:|| 8% at 20°C and 50% relative humidity
10% at 20°C and 65% relative humidity
|Expansion coefficient:||0.14% per 1% change in moisture content|
PROPERTIES AND PROCESSING
- Our bamboo beams is delivered unfinished but are easy to paint with oil or lacquer for the desired appearance and finish.
- The color of bamboo changes under the influence of UV radiation. The natural color will become slightly darker and the caramel color slightly lighter. We advise to finish bamboo beams with Bamboo Topcoat, a specially developed bamboo lacquer that offers optimal protection against wear, stains and discoloration.
- If you want to use oil, apply it thinly. Bamboo has a dense surface and absorbs the oil less quickly. Over-application of oil can lead to differences in gloss and long drying times.
- The inner layers of solid bamboo beams consist of different bamboo strips, sometimes small gaps may be visible. These gaps can be closed by the use of a filler.
- Although bamboo is harder than oak, the beams can be worked with ordinary tools. Make sure that drilling, sawing and milling tools are sharp.
- Semi and finished products can be bonded with a D3 waterproof adhesive for interior applications.
|Scientific Name||Phyllostachys edulis|
|Bending strength||56,7 N/mm² (SP), 50,8 N/mm² (PP) (EN 408)|
|Brinell Hardness (BH)||≥ 4 kg/mm²|
|Equilibrium MC||8% at 20°C and 50% relative humidity - 10% at 20°C and 65% relative humidity|
|Fire class||EN 13501-1: Class ± D-s1|
|Formaldehyde emission||Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m³, EN 717-1)|
|Glue||D3 water resistant|
|Modulus of Elasticity||9721 N/mm² (SP), 8866 N/mm² (PP) (EN 408)|
|Uitzettingscoëfficiënt||0.14% per 1% humidity variation|