Bamboo Decking Board Prestige Carbonized 5800 x 140 x 18 mm (0.812 m²)
- Stock: 108
- Model: BV-SP-5800-140-18-3L-C
- Weight: 10.25 kg
- Packaging: 580 cm x 14 cm x 2 cm
Very durable (+ 25 years)
Extremely hard and wear resistant
Shape and torsion resistant
High fire safety class
Luxury hardwood appearance
Easy to install
Prestige bamboo decking boards are made from 3 layers that are pressed crosswise, making the board very strong and stable. Our bamboo decking boards are 580 cm long and easy to install on Azobe joists with special Prestige fastener clips.
Bamboo decking boards are a fantastic alternative to hardwood decking boards because they are a sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative with similar mechanical properties. Our Prestige bamboo decking has been extensively tested to guarantee an excellent quality.
Prestige bamboo decking can be used on two sides and can be laid as a ribbed or smooth deck. The use of laminated bamboo strips instead of fibers means that less material and glue is required so that the specific weight is only 600 kg/m³. All our bamboo decking boards are formaldehyde free and are pre-treated.
PROPERTIES AND MAINTENANCE
Prestige bamboo decking is treated with special exterior oil to protect them against sun, rain and mold. Just like wooden decking, bamboo will turn gray and show cracks over time.
To preserve the original color, we recommend treating the bamboo decking boards annually with Bamboo Shield. When you need to apply Bamboo Shield oil depends on the location where the decking boards are installed. For example, a sunny side suffers more than a shadow side and must be protected earlier as they weather more quickly.
|Latijnse naam||Phyllostachys edulis|
|Style||Side pressed (SP)|
|Surface||Plain / Ribbed|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Treatment and durability|
|Blue stain resistance||Class 0, no growth (JIS Z 2911:2000)|
|Bending strength||96 N/mm² (EN 310:1993)|
|Bonding||Bond quality value: 10 (BS 1088 - 2:2003)|
|Expansion||2,5 mm/m change in length at 20°C and 80% relative humidity - 6,7 mm/m change in thickness at 20°C and 80% relative humidity|
|Formaldehyde emission||None / Formaldehyde free|
|Modulus of Elasticity||7.70*10³ N/mm² (EN 310:1993)|
|Reaction to Fire||Class B-s1,d0 (EN 13501-1)|
|Rockwell hardness||HRR 55|
|Screw retentivity rate||Edge withdrawal long side: 31 N/mm² - Edge withdrawal short side: 36 N/mm² - Surface withdrawal: 44 N/mm²|
- Bamboo decking boards are a natural forest product, which varies in colour, grain and appearance. Colour can change fast from dark brown to brown or grey, depending on the maintenance schedule.
- Checks and splinters on the surface and on the end of the decking boards can arise from the different drying characteristics of the surface and cross cut ends. Besides this the surface gets rough. This phenomenon is normal for most wood species and is minimized for this product by its unique production method. Head sides checks can be further minimized by applying wax on cross end sides of the cut boards.
- Splinters and roughness can be removed by cleaning the surface of the decking with the silicium carbid broom or machine disk, the surface will become smooth and splinters are removed.
- Dimensional change or cupping of the boards can occur after installation. This phenomenon is normal for most wood species and is minimized for this product by its unique heat-treated process.
- When using the flat side of the decking boards as surface please note that deformation under influence of climate will be significantly more visible. Deformation of the surface is not considered to be fault of the material.