Bamboo Fence Roll 180 x 250 cm
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: BM-L-N180/250-C
- Packaging: 250 cm x 31 cm x 31 cm
This 180 cm wide by 250 cm high bamboo fence roll is perfectly suited for covering surfaces (inside or outside) and can quickly revamp an old garden shed or wall.
The bamboo poles in these fencing rolls have a diameter of 25-28 mm, which is the perfect size for creating an elegant and tropical look with minimal see-through.
|Latijnse naam||Phyllostachys edulis|
|Diameter stokken||25-28 mm|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Assembly||Galvanized steel wire|
|Treatment and durability|
There are two general rules to keep in mind before installing a bamboo fence roll. First of all, please remember that one side of a bamboo fence roll has all naturally capped bamboo poles, this is the top side of the fence and should be facing up.
Secondly, always try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing roll on a wooden plank while installing to fence.
- To install a bamboo fence roll against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo poles with our special 4 mm bamboo drill bit. Do this every 20 cm or so in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo fence with 4 x 50 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top, middle and bottom of the fence for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
- Installing a bamboo fence roll against a chain link fence is achieved by using double loop wire ties or tie wraps. Wrap the wire ties around the galvanized steel wire that runs through the bamboo poles and tighten them to the metal chain link fence.
Adjusting the size of a bamboo fence roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a bamboo fence roll by unfolding the galvanized steel wires at the sides of the roll. Pull out as many poles as you need and fold the steel wires back into place, done!
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom of the bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. Make sure to trim the bottom part and not the naturally closed top of the fence. For the perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence roll are possible.
- The diameter of each pole in a bamboo fence roll may vary slightly.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the durability of a bamboo fence.
Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo fencing on an annual basis with Bamboo Booster, a specially developed natural oil that increases the durability and preserves the natural yellow or black color of bamboo.