Bamboo Fence Roll Deluxe 180 x 150 cm
This 180 cm wide by 150 cm high Deluxe bamboo fence roll will transform your old wooden garden fence or ugly chain link fence into a beautiful exotic landscape feature in no time.
The Tali bamboo poles in these Deluxe fencing rolls have a diameter of 50-60 mm, which is the perfect size for creating an impressive look with minimal see-through. For this reason bamboo fencing rolls are also very popular as wall or ceiling covers in residential or commercial spaces.
|Bamboo species:||Gigantochloa apus|
|Color:||Natural / Beige|
|Diameter sticks:||50-60 mm|
|Assembly:||Galvanized steel wire|
Adjusting the size of a bamboo fence roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a bamboo fence roll by unfolding the galvanized steel wires at the sides of the roll. Pull out as many poles as you need and fold the steel wires back into place, done!
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom of the bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. Make sure to trim the bottom part and not the naturally closed top of the fence. For the perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo fencing rolls
There are two general rules to keep in mind before installing a bamboo fence roll. First of all, please remember that one side of a bamboo fence roll has all naturally capped bamboo poles, this is the top side of the fence and should be facing up.
Secondly, always try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing roll on a wooden plank while installing to fence.
- To install a bamboo fence roll against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo poles with our special 4 mm bamboo drill bit. Do this every 20 cm or so in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo fence with 4 x 70 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top, middle and bottom of the fence for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
- Installing a bamboo fence roll against a chain link fence is achieved by using double loop wire ties or tie wraps. Wrap the wire ties around the galvanized steel wire that runs through the bamboo poles and tighten them to the metal chain link fence.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence roll are possible.
- The diameter of each pole in a bamboo fence roll may vary slightly.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo fence.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo fencing on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector which is a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves the natural yellow or black color of bamboo.
|Scientific Name||Gigantochloa apus|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|
|Diameter poles||50-60 mm|