Bamboo Plywood 3-Ply Natural Side Pressed 2440 x 1220 x 10 mm
- Stock: 7
- Model: MP-SP10-3L-N
- Weight: 36.00 kg
- Packaging: 244 cm x 122 cm x 1 cm
Ideal as interior furniture board
Very stable due to multilayer construction
High screw resistance
Ecological and sustainable alternative for wood
Harder than oak and maple
Easy to paint with lacquer or oil
3-ply natural bamboo plywood with dimensions 2440 x 1220 x 10 mm is constructed with 3 layers of vertically -side pressed bamboo strips. With side pressed bamboo plywood panels the visible strips are narrow which gives the panel an elegant look.
The three-layer construction ensures high stability and a playful look that is highly sought after for applications where the sides of the panel are visible. Solid bamboo panels are perfectly suited for making tabletops, kitchen countertops, cabinets, stairs, etc.
|Latijnse naam||Phyllostachys edulis|
|Style||Side pressed (SP)|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Brinell Hardheid (HB)||≥ 4 kg/mm²|
|Equilibrium MC||8% at 20°C and 50% relative humidity - 10% at 20°C and 65% relative humidity|
|Expansion||0.14% per 1% humidity variation|
|Formaldehyde emission||Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m³, EN 717-1)|
|Glue||Dynea Prefere 4410 water-resistant adhesive|
|Janka Hardheid (ASTM)||1380 lbf|
|Modulus of Elasticity||4300 N/mm² (EN 789)|
|Reaction to Fire||EN 13501-1: Klasse D-s1-d0 (depending on thickness)|
- Bamboo plywood always has a visible and a back side. The back of a bamboo panel generally has more color variation than the visible side.
- All of our bamboo panels are untreated but can be easily painted with wood oil or varnish for the desired look and feel.
- The inner layers of bamboo plywood consist of laminated bamboo strips which may show small spaces between the strips (at the sides, not the face or back view). This is done in order to optimize the stability of the panels. These small gaps can be filled when finishing the panel.
- Bamboo plywood can be sawn and drilled with conventional woodworking tools. Just make sure the tools are well sharpened.
- Solid bamboo panels can be bonded with a waterproof D3 adhesive for interior applications.
Some pictures of projects in which your bamboo ply was used. This is a Toucan clock that I have recently completed and a sign for a friend’s model kitchen. I have enjoyed working with the ply, it is very strong and free of voids. The downside is that the resin content is hard on cutters, but one cannot have everything!