Bamboo Plywood 5-Ply Carbonized Side Pressed 2440 x 300 x 20 mm
5-ply carbonized bamboo plywood with dimensions 2440 x 300 x 20 mm is constructed with 5 layers of vertically -side pressed bamboo strips. With side pressed bamboo plywood panels the visible strips are narrow which gives the panel an elegant look.
The five-layer construction ensures high stability and a playful look that is highly sought after for applications where the sides of the panel are visible. Solid bamboo panels are perfectly suited for making tabletops, kitchen countertops, cabinets, stairs, etc.
|Style:||Side pressed (SP)|
|Bamboo species:||Phyllostachys edulis (Moso)|
|Brinell Hardness (HB):||≥ 4 kg/mm²|
|Modulus of elasticity:||4300 N/mm² (EN 789)|
|Glue:||Dynea Prefere 4410 water resistant|
|Formaldehyde emission:||Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m³, EN 717-1)|
|Fire class:||EN 13501-1: Class D-s1-d0|
|Use class:||Class 1 (EN 335)|
|Equilibrium MC:|| 8% at 20°C and 50% relative humidity
10% at 20°C and 65% relative humidity
|Expansion coefficient:||0.14% per 1% change in moisture content|
Working with bamboo plywood
- Bamboo plywood always has a visible and a back side. The back of a bamboo panel generally has more color variation than the visible side.
- All of our bamboo panels are untreated but can be easily painted with wood oil or varnish for the desired look and feel.
- The inner layers of bamboo plywood consist of laminated bamboo strips which may show small spaces between the strips (at the sides, not the face or back view). This is done in order to optimize the stability of the panels. These small gaps can be filled when finishing the panel.
- Bamboo plywood can be sawn and drilled with conventional woodworking tools. Just make sure the tools are well sharpened.
- Solid bamboo panels can be bonded with a waterproof D3 adhesive for interior applications.
|Scientific Name||Phyllostachys edulis (Moso)|
|Brinell Hardness (BH)||4 kg/mm²|
|Equilibrium MC||8% at 20°C and 50% relative humidity - 10% at 20°C and 65% relative humidity|
|Fire class||EN 13501-1: Class ± D-s1 (depending on thickness)|
|Formaldehyde emission||Class E1 (< 0.124 mg/m³, EN 717-1)|
|Glue||Dynea Prefere 4410, low-formaldehyde water-resistant water-based adhesive|
|Janka Hardness (ASTM)||1380 lbf|
|Modulus of Elasticity||20000 N/mm²|
|Uitzettingscoëfficiënt||0.14% per 1% humidity variation|