Bamboo Pole Guadua Ø 13-15 x 300 cm
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Model: BSN-13/15-300-Z
- Packaging: 300 cm x 15 cm x 15 cm
Best bamboo for construction
World's strongest bamboo species
Thick-walled with minimal taper
Imported directly from South America
Guadua angustifolia also knows as Guadua Bamboo, is a large diameter, tropical bamboo species native to South America. This construction grade bamboo has an extraordinary load bearing capacity (MOE 17,859 N/mm2) which makes it the #1 preferred bamboo among visionary builders and architects specialized in green and sustainable construction around the world.
- Guadua Bamboo poles have minimal taper. The diameter decreases with only 2.5 cm over a 6 m long pole.
- Guadua angustifolia poles are usually very straight and easy to paint after sanding.
- All bamboo species have a tendency to crack in the longitudinal direction of the pole. This is caused by fluctuations in atmospheric humidity and temperature where it is used and cannot be completely prevented. These crack however do not affect the mechanical properties of the bamboo.
- Guadua Bamboo is among the strongest bamboos worldwide. This makes it the most preferred species for construction related projects.
- Throughout history, Guadua Bamboo has been used to build houses, bridges and structures in South America.
- These bamboo poles are great for cladding, handicrafts, furniture, fencing, musical instruments, etc.
- Guadua angustifolia is also suitable for manufacturing engineered products such as plywood, laminated panels and beams.
|Latijnse naam||Guadua angustifolia|
|Taper||10-15% over a length of 3 meter|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Diameter (measured on the thickest side)||130-150 mm|
|Weight||± 11,5 kg|
|Treatment and durability|
Working with Bamboo
- The diameter of each bamboo pole varies. Our stated average diameters are always measured at the base (or the thickest part of the bamboo pole).
- A natural property of bamboo poles is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The taper percentage for Guadua bamboo poles is about 10-15% over a length of 3 meters.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo poles are never 100% straight.
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences are to be expected.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles, especially when used outdoors. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of bamboo.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo poles with Bamboo Booster or Bamboo Protector to preserve their natural color.