Bamboo Pole Moso Ø 5-7 x 400 cm
- Stock: 186
- Model: BSN-5/7-400-C
- Weight: 2.50 kg
- Packaging: 400 cm x 7 cm x 7 cm
Excellent bamboo for decorative applications
Natural yellow glossy color
Very hard and dense fibers
20-30% taper over a 3 meter length
Imported directly from China
Phyllostachys edulis also knows as Moso Bamboo, is a large diameter, thin walled bamboo species native to China. This construction grade bamboo is most famous for its applications in laminated and composite flooring products.
- Moso bamboo poles taper along its length due to the natural growth of this species.
- Phyllostachys edulis has a beautiful and natural glossy yellow outer layer.
- All species belonging to the Phyllostachys genus have a tendency to crack in the longitudinal direction of the pole. This is caused by fluctuations in atmospheric humidity and temperature where it is used and cannot be prevented. These crack however do not affect the mechanical properties of the bamboo.
- Moso bamboo is among the hardest bamboos worldwide. This makes it the most preferred species for engineered flooring and decking.
- Moso Bamboo (meaning a very valuable hardwood in Chinese) has been used to build houses, bridges and structures from the pre historic time and is now substituting many conventional timbers.
- Moso Bamboo poles are ideal for decorative uses, handicrafts, furniture, fencing, musical instruments and even for scaffolding reaching up to 40-storey skyscrapers.
- Phyllostachys edulis is the most popular bamboo for manufacturing lumber products such as plywood, bamboo flooring and decking. These products are used for the flooring of trucks, trains and shipping containers.
- Moso fibers also serve for making bamboo chopsticks, mats, baskets, clothing, pulp and paper.
- Bamboo charcoal is used for food, dyes and medical industries.
|Latijnse naam||Phyllostachys edulis|
|Taper||20-30% over a length of 3 meter|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Diameter (measured on the thickest side)||50-70 mm|
|Weight||± 2,55 kg|
|Treatment and durability|
Working with Bamboo
- The diameter of each bamboo pole varies. Our stated average diameters are always measured at the base (or the thickest part of the bamboo pole).
- A natural property of bamboo poles is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The taper percentage for Moso bamboo poles is about 20-30% over a length of 3 meters.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo poles are never 100% straight.
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences are to be expected.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles, especially when used outdoors. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of bamboo.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo with Bamboo Booster to preserve its natural color.