Bamboo Pole Tali Ø 6-8 x 300 cm
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: BSN-6/8-300-I
- Packaging: 300 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
Excellent for construction and decorative applications
Very strong, thick-walled and with minimal taper
Porous outer layer - easy to paint
Available in many different diameters and lengths
Imported directly from Indonesia
Gigantochloa apus also known as Tali Bamboo or String Bamboo is a medium diameter, thick walled bamboo species native to Java, Indonesia. This strong construction grade bamboo is often used in scaffolding and as a building material for bridges.
- Tali bamboo poles are fairly straight with a slight taper.
- Compared to other bamboo species, Tali bamboo poles have a porous outer layer which makes it easy to apply paints or varnishes if desired. No scraping or sanding is required.
- Gigantochloa apus is medium sized, very strong and a durable bamboo species. The strength properties of this species were tested in air dry condition (M.C. 15.1 %) and gave the following results. Average MOR: 87.5 N/mm², maximum crushing stress varies between 27.29 and 48.64 kN/mm². Average tensile strength was 298.9 kN/mm². Average shear strength varied between 7.47 and 7.65 kN/mm².
- These bamboo poles are boron treated to prevent potential powder post beetle attacks.
- Economically the most important bamboo in Java, especially in the handicraft and furniture industries.
- Tali bamboo is used extensively for building materials such as for roofings, scaffoldings, bridges, walls, fences, etc.
- Gigantochloa apus is called Tali Bamboo ('Tali' means String) by most Indonesians, because it is an excellent bamboo to make strong strips with the suppleness of leather.
|Latijnse naam||Gigantochloa apus|
|Taper||10-15% over a length of 3 meter|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Diameter (measured on the thickest side)||60-80 mm|
|Weight||± 4,15 kg|
|Treatment and durability|
Working with Bamboo
- The diameter of each bamboo pole varies. Our stated average diameters are always measured at the base (or the thickest part of the bamboo pole).
- A natural property of bamboo poles is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The taper percentage for Tali bamboo poles is about 10-15% over a length of 3 meters.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo poles are never 100% straight.
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences are to be expected.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles, especially when used outdoors. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of bamboo.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo with Bamboo Booster or Bamboo Protector tot preserve its natural color.