Bamboo Shield Exterior Oil 0.75L
- Stock: 341
- Model: EBSO-075L
- Weight: 0.88 kg
- Packaging: 12 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm
For solid bamboo decking and cladding boards
Protects against weathering, mold and algae
Not suitable for applying on bamboo sticks
Caramel / Walnut color
Water based oil
Bamboo Shield Exterior Oil is to be used outdoor for basic treatment and maintenance of new and previously oiled bamboo surfaces such as decks, furniture, cladding etc.
Bamboo Shield Exterior Oil is recommended to enhance the natural colour structure of bamboo. For rejuvenating of old bamboo surfaces, the pigmented oil is ideal as they recreate the original colour of the bamboo.
The special water-based composition of oil components ensures that the product is water-dilutable. The oil ensures a strong water and dirt repellent surface and delays emergence of mould and fungus.
Bamboo Shield Exterior Oil is available in walnut colour and provides excellent UV protection.
|Dimensions and weight|
|Application method||Brush, Pad|
|Coverage per liter||8-12 m²|
|Fully hardened||24 - 48 hours|
|Minimum application temperature||13°C|
- Clean old bamboo surfaces with GREY-GO Cleaner before starting the oil treatment.
- Leave the bamboo to dry for at least 24 hours so that the humidity is not above 17%. Sand down any rough bamboo fibres with sandpaper, grit 120.
- Make the application in dry weather only, min. temp. 13°C. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil with a brush. Treat the end grain first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the bamboo surface will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 5 and 6.
- It takes 24 to 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. The bamboo surface must not be exposed to water during this period.
- When the bamboo surface is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.