Bamboo Slat 4 x 180 cm
This bamboo slat of 4 cm wide by 180 cm length is made from the Indonesian Tali bamboo and has a natural beige color. Our bamboo slats are straight cut and have a planed back that makes them easy to process. The average thickness of the bamboo strips is 6-7 mm.
With bamboo slats you can create beautiful and natural accents both for indoor and outdoor applications. They are great for covering walls, ceilings, columns, counters and bars, but also for making photo-or mirror frames, skirting and paneling. In addition, bamboo slats are very flexible and strong so they are often used for making bamboo bows.
|Bamboo species:||Gigantochloa apus|
|Color:||Natural / Beige|
|Thickness:||± 7 mm|
|Machining:||Straight cut and planed back|
|Weight:||± 390 gr|
WORKING WITH BAMBOO SLATS
Covering a surface with bamboo slats can be accomplished in a few simple steps:
- First determine where you want to apply the bamboo strips. You can place the slats vertically, horizontally or diagonally to make any pattern of choice. Cut the slats to size and arrange them nicely next to each other.
- To secure bamboo slats you can use floor-or wood glue, nails, or screws. The method depends on the surface on which you want to apply the slats.
- When using screws, pre-drilling is necessary to prevent splits and cracks in the bamboo. Nails should be applied in the nodes of the bamboo slats, preferably use thin nails and a nail gun.
PROPERTIES OF BAMBOO
- Bamboo is a natural product, so color differences are normal.
- The distance between the nodes are always different.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to finish bamboo slats with Bamboo Booster, a specially developed natural oil that increases the durability and preserves the natural color of bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using oil-absorbent maintenance wipes.
|Weight||± 390 gr|
|Scientific Name||Gigantochloa apus|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|