Black Bamboo Slat Fence Silvana 90 x 180 cm
This Silvana black bamboo slat fence of 90 cm wide by 180 cm high will add a beautiful and exotic touch to your garden, terrace or patio in no time. The black bamboo slats in these fencing screens have an average width of 3-5 cm and are connected with horizontal bamboo slats and black palm rope that run through the entire width of the fence panel.
Bamboo slat fence panels are a cheaper aletrnative for half round bamboo fence panels and especially designed to install against an existing wooden fence or wall.
|Bamboo species:||Gigantochloa atroviolacea|
|Common name:||Java Black|
|Width slats:||30-50 mm|
Adjusting the size of a bamboo screen
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a black bamboo slat fence by cutting the horizontal bamboo slats. Make sure to untie the black palm rope before cutting the bamboo slats in order to fasten the half round poles afterwards.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom and/or top of the black bamboo slats with a fine teeth saw blade. For a perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo slats before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo screening
Always try to leave a minimal 5 cm space between a bamboo screen and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause stains over time. You could rest the bamboo screening on a wooden plank while installing the fence.
To install a black bamboo slat fence panel against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill small 4 mm holes through the bamboo slats with a 4 mm drill bit. Do this every 20 cm in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo screen with 4 x 40 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top, middle and bottom of the screen for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each black bamboo slat is unique, therefore color differences in a bamboo fence panel are normal.
- The width of each bamboo slat may slightly vary.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat black bamboo fence screens on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves the natural color of bamboo.
|Finish||Woven with black palm rope|
|Common name||Java Black|
|Scientific Name||Gigantochloa atroviolacea|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|