Black Bamboo Slat Java 300 cm
- Stock: 2395
- Model: BSZ-SLATS-300-I
- Weight: 0.65 kg
- Packaging: 300 cm x 4 cm x 1 cm
Many different uses and applications
For indoor and outdoor use
Natural color - untreated
Both sides perfectly straight
Flattened back surface
This black bamboo slat of 4 cm wide by 300 cm length is made from the Indonesian Java Black bamboo and has a natural dark brown color. Our bamboo slats are straight cut and have a planed back that makes them easy to process. The average thickness of the bamboo strips is 6-7 mm.
With black bamboo slats you can create beautiful and natural accents both for indoor and outdoor applications. They are great for covering walls, ceilings, columns, counters and bars, but also for making photo-or mirror frames, skirting and paneling. In addition, bamboo slats are very flexible and strong so they are often used for making bamboo bows.
|Common name||Java Black|
|Latijnse naam||Gigantochloa atroviolacea|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Weight||± 650 gr|
|Treatment and durability|
Working with Bamboo
Because our bamboo slats are perfectly straight, they can be processed in an easy way. Covering a surface with bamboo slats can be accomplished in a few simple steps:
- First determine where you want to apply the bamboo strips. You can place the slats vertically, horizontally or diagonally to make any pattern of choice. Cut the slats to size and arrange them nicely next to each other.
- To secure bamboo slats you can use floor-or wood glue, nails, or screws. The method depends on the surface on which you want to apply the slats.
- When using screws, pre-drilling is necessary to prevent splits and cracks in the bamboo. Nails should be applied in the nodes of the bamboo slats, preferably use thin nails and a nail gun.
Our bamboo slats are unfinished by default. For indoor applications, we recommend Bamboo Booster, a natural oil that protects the bamboo and highlights its beautiful color. For outdoor applications, we recommend Bamboo Protector, a UV-resistant sealer that protects against weathering.
- Bamboo is a natural product, so color differences are normal.
- The distance between the nodes are always different.