Black Bamboo Stick Java Ø 3-5 x 200 cm
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: BSZ-3/5-200-I
- Weight: 1.30 kg
- Packaging: 200 cm x 5 cm x 5 cm
For construction and decorative applications
Natural black color (unpainted)
Very strong, thick-walled and with minimal taper
Porous outer layer - easy to paint
Imported directly from Indonesia
Gigantochloa atroviolacea also known as Java Black Bamboo or Tropical Black Bamboo is a medium diameter, thick walled bamboo species native to Indonesia. This naturally dark colored bamboo is often used for making musical instruments, furniture and fencing.
- Java Black Bamboo poles are dense and very straight with a slight taper.
- This species have a porous outer layer which makes it easy to apply oils or varnishes if desired. No scraping or sanding is required.
- Gigantochloa atroviolacea is medium sized, strong and heavy timber bamboo species. The strength properties of this species were tested in air dry condition (M.C. 15%) and gave the following results. Average MOR of 94.11 N/mm², compression strength parallel to grain 35.74 N/mm², maximum tensile strength 237.4 N/mm². Average shear strength varied from 7.9 to 9.5 N/mm².
- All our black bamboo poles are treated to avoid potential powder post beetle attacks.
- Java Black bamboo is generally used for any sort of construction and excellent for decorative purposes such as screens, borders for gardens, flower pots, mirrors, etc.
- Gigantochloa atroviolacea a very desirable bamboo for making traditional musical instruments furniture, handicrafts and fences.
|Common name||Java Black|
|Latijnse naam||Gigantochloa atroviolacea|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Diameter (measured on the thickest side)||30-50 mm|
|Weight||± 1,3 kg|
|Treatment and durability|
Working with Bamboo
- The diameter of each bamboo pole varies. Our stated average diameters are always measured at the base (or the thickest part of the bamboo pole).
- A natural property of bamboo poles is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The taper percentage for Java black bamboo poles is about 10-15% over a length of 3 meters.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo poles are never 100% straight.
- Each black bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences are to be expected.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles, especially when used outdoors. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of bamboo.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat black bamboo poles with Bamboo Booster or Bamboo Protector to preserve its natural dark color.