Black Bamboo Stick Nigra Ø 3-4 x 400 cm
- Stock: 804
- Model: BSZ-3/4-400-C
- Weight: 0.93 kg
- Packaging: 400 cm x 4 cm x 4 cm
Excellent bamboo for decorative applications
Natural black glossy color (unpainted)
Very hard and dense fibers
20-30% taper over a 3 meter length
Imported directly from China
Phyllostachys nigra also referred to as Black Bamboo is a small diameter, thin walled bamboo species native to China. This naturally dark colored bamboo is among the most popular bamboos for decorative wood working.
- Phyllostachys nigra has a natural brownish black color. It is not stained or burned.
- Small diameter black bamboo tends to be darker in color than larger diameters.
- Black bamboo poles taper along its length due to the natural growth of this species.
- All species belonging to the Phyllostachys genus have a tendency to crack in the longitudinal direction of the pole. This is caused by fluctuations in atmospheric humidity and temperature where it is used and cannot be 100% prevented.
- Black bamboo poles are highly praised by craftsmen for its great wood quality.
- Often used to make musical instruments.
- Excellent bamboo for decorative projects and cladding.
- Popular for making black bamboo fences or furniture.
|Latijnse naam||Phyllostachys nigra|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Diameter (measured on the thickest side)||30-40 mm|
|Weight||± 930 gr|
Working with Bamboo
- The diameter of each bamboo pole varies. Our stated average diameters are always measured at the base (or the thickest part of the bamboo pole).
- A natural property of bamboo poles is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The taper percentage for Nigra bamboo poles is about 20-30% over a length of 3 meters.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo poles are never 100% straight.
- Each black bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences are to be expected.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles, especially when used outdoors. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of bamboo.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat black bamboo poles with Bamboo Protector tot preserve its natural dark color.