Discount Giant Bamboo Fence Panel 180 x 200 cm
This Giant bamboo fence panel of 180 cm wide by 200 cm high will add a beautiful and exotic touch to your garden in no time. The Tali bamboo poles in these fencing panels have an average diameter of 6-9 cm and are connected by internal horizontal bamboo dowels that run through the entire width of the fence panel. The result in a very stable, durable and robust bamboo privacy fence.
|Bamboo species:||Gigantochloa apus|
|Color:||Natural / Beige|
|Diameter poles:||60-90 mm|
Adjusting the size of a bamboo fence panel
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a bamboo fence panel by cutting the horizontal bamboo dowels. The last bamboo pole on the edge of the panel should than be secured to the inner bamboo dowels with a small screw.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom of the bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. Make sure to trim the bottom part and not the naturally closed top of the fence. For a perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo fencing panels
There are two general rules to keep in mind before installing Giant bamboo fence panels. First of all, please remember that one side of a bamboo fence panel has all naturally capped bamboo poles, this is the top side of the fence and should be facing up.
Secondly, always try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing panel on a wooden plank while installing the fence.
- To install Giant bamboo fence panels in the garden we developed a special stainless steel mounting kit that, in combination with hardwood fence posts, allows you to install 180 x 200 cm bamboo fence panels without the need of additional support. Optionally you can hide the hardwood fence posts with half round bamboo poles for the ultimate finish. See this manual for more information.
- If you need to install a Giant bamboo fence panel against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill small holes through the bamboo poles with a 7 mm drill bit. Do this every other bamboo pole in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo fence with 6 x 100 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top and bottom of the fence for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence panel are possible.
- The diameter of each pole in a bamboo fence panel may slightly vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo fence.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo fence panels on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves the natural color of bamboo.
|Scientific Name||Gigantochloa apus|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|
|Diameter poles||60-90 mm|