Discount Giant Black Bamboo Fence Panel 90 x 200 cm
These Giant black bamboo fence panels of ± 90 cm wide by 200 cm high are in discount because of damage or because they were part of a larger fence panel. These fence panels usually have one open side with a bamboo pole that isn't secured. This however, is easy to fix with a few screws. Also be aware that most of these fence panels have one or more vertical cracks.
Warning: The pictures shown are indicative. It is impossible to show detailed pictures of each screen and its damage. Diameter and color can also vary for each bamboo screen.
Adjusting the size of a bamboo fence panel
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a black bamboo fence panel by cutting the horizontal bamboo dowels. The last bamboo pole on the edge of the panel should than be secured to the inner bamboo dowels with a small screw.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom of the black bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. Make sure to trim the bottom part and not the naturally closed top of the fence. For a perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo fencing panels
Try to leave a minimal 5 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing panel on a wooden plank while installing the fence.
- To install Giant black bamboo fence panels in the garden we developed a special stainless steel mounting kit that, in combination with 7 x 7 hardwood fence posts, allows you to install bamboo fence panels without the need of additional support. Optionally you can hide the hardwood fence posts with half round black bamboo poles for the ultimate finish. See this manual for more information.
- If you need to install a Giant black bamboo fence panel against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill small holes through the bamboo poles with a 7 mm drill bit. Do this every other bamboo pole in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo fence with 6 x 100 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top and bottom of the fence for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each black bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence panel are possible.
- The diameter of each pole in a bamboo fence panel may slightly vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo fence.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat black bamboo fence panels on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves the natural color of bamboo.
|Common name||Java Black|
|Diameter poles||50-100 mm|
|Scientific Name||Gigantochloa atroviolacea|
|Width||± 90 cm|
|Weight||± 27 kg|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|