Expandable Bamboo Trellis 180 x 180 cm
This ready-made expandable bamboo trellis of 180 cm wide by 180 cm high is made from tonkin sticks and is an ideal support for growing climbing plants such as clematis, ivy, vines or roses.
Bamboo accordion trellises are foldable, lightweight and easy to adjust in height and width in order to fit any wall or garden fence.
|Bamboo species:||Pseudosasa amabilis|
|Color:||Natural / Beige|
|Diameter sticks:||20 mm|
How to install a bamboo trellis
- To install an expandable bamboo trellis against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo sticks with our special 4 mm bamboo drill bit. Fasten the trellis with 4 x 40 mm screws but avoid using excessive force to prevent damaging the bamboo poles.
- Installing a bamboo fence roll against a chain link fence is achieved by using tie wraps or wire ties. Wrap wire ties around the bamboo canes and tighten them to the metal fence.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each tonkin pole is unique, therefore color differences in a trellis are possible.
- The diameter of each stick in a bamboo trellis may vary slightly.
- Vertical cracks can occur in bamboo. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo trellis.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo with Bamboo Booster, a specially developed natural oil that nurtures and strengthen bamboo poles.
|Scientific Name||Pseudosasa amabilis|
|Diameter poles||20 mm|