This half round Giant bamboo fence screen of 90 cm wide by 180 cm high will add a beautiful and exotic touch to your garden, terrace or patio in no time. The half round bamboo poles in these fencing screens have an average diameter of 6-8 cm and are connected by bamboo slats and black palm rope that run through the entire width of the fence panel.
Half round bamboo screening panels are especially designed to install against an existing wooden fence or wall and are therefore lightweight and cheaper than standard a Giant bamboo fence panel 90 x 180 cm.
Adjusting the size of a bamboo screen
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a bamboo fence screen by cutting the horizontal bamboo slats. Make sure to untie the black palm rope before cutting the bamboo slats in order to fasten the half round poles afterwards.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom and/or top of the bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. For a perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the half round bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo screening
Always try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo screen and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause stains over time. You could rest the bamboo screening on a wooden plank while installing the fence.
To install a half round Giant bamboo fence screen against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill small 4 mm holes through the bamboo slats with a 4 mm drill bit. Do this every other bamboo pole in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo screen with 4 x 40 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top, middle and bottom of the screen for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each half round bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence panel are possible.
- The diameter of each half round pole in a bamboo fence screen may slightly vary.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo fence screens on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves the natural color of bamboo.
|Bamboo species||Gigantochloa apus|
|Diameter poles||60-80 mm|
|Finish||Woven with black palm rope|
|Country of origin||Indonesia|