Tonkin Fence Roll 300 x 150 cm
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: BM-T-300/150-C
- Packaging: 150 cm x 23 cm x 15 cm
Beautiful natural color - untreated
Galvanized external steel wire
Easy to shorten both in height and in width
Easy to install and maintain
Comes with a convenient carrying bag with handles
This 300 cm wide by 150 cm high tonkin fence roll will transform your old wooden garden fence or ugly chain link fence into a beautiful natural landscape feature in no time.
The bamboo sticks in these tonkin fencing rolls have a diameter of 7-8 mm and are connected with galvanized metal wires. Tonkin fences are ideal for growing climbing plants or as roof covers for creating shade.
|Latijnse naam||Pseudosasa amabilis|
|Diameter stokken||7-8 mm|
|See through||60 %|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Assembly||Galvanized steel wire|
|Treatment and durability|
Try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing roll on a wooden plank while installing to fence.
- Secure the galvanized wires with nails to install a tonkin fence roll against an existing wall or wooden fence. Do not fasten the bamboo sticks with nails as this will cause splitting.
- Installing a bamboo fence roll against a chain link fence is achieved by using tie wraps or wire ties. Wrap the wire ties around the galvanized steel wire that runs through the bamboo poles and tighten them to the metal fence.
Adjusting the size of a tonkin fence roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a tonkin fence roll by cutting the galvanized steel wires at the desired width.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bamboo sticks with a fine teeth saw blade.
Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat bamboo fencing on an annual basis with Bamboo Booster, a specially developed natural oil that increases the durability and preserves the natural yellow or black color of bamboo.
- Each tonkin stick is unique, therefore color differences in a fence roll are possible.
- The diameter of each cane in a tonkin fence roll may vary slightly.
- Vertical cracks can occur in tonkin canes. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo fence.