Trendline Black Bamboo Fence Panel 180 x 180 cm
This Trendline black bamboo fence panel of 180 cm wide by 180 cm high will add a beautiful and exotic touch to your garden in no time. The black bamboo poles in these fencing panels have an average diameter of 35-45 mm and are connected by internal horizontal bamboo dowels that run through the entire width of the fence panel. The result in a very stable and durable bamboo privacy fence that is easy to install.
|Bamboo species:||Phyllostachys nigra|
|Diameter poles:||35-45 mm|
Adjusting the size of a bamboo fence panel
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. You can simply adjust the width of a black bamboo fence panel by cutting the horizontal bamboo dowels. The last bamboo pole on the edge of the panel should than be secured to the inner bamboo dowels with a small screw.
- To adjust the height of the fence you can trim the bottom of the black bamboo poles with a fine teeth saw blade. Make sure to trim the bottom part and not the naturally closed top of the fence. For a perfect result you may also want to wrap strong tape around the bamboo poles before cutting them to size in order to avoid frayed cut-offs.
Installing bamboo fencing panels
There are two general rules to keep in mind before installing bamboo fence panels. First of all, please remember that one side of a black bamboo fence panel has all naturally capped bamboo poles, this is the top side of the fence and should be facing up.
Secondly, always try to leave a minimal 2 cm space between a bamboo fence and the ground to avoid direct contact with wet soil as this might cause black stains over time. You could rest the fencing panel on a wooden plank while installing the fence.
- To install Trendline black bamboo fence panels we developed a special wooden installation kit that, in combination with impregnated spruce 2700 x 90 x 90 mm fence posts, allows you to install 180 x 180 cm bamboo fence panels without the need of additional support. This luxurious combo doesn’t only look amazing, it also provide extra strength and protection against sun, rain and wind. Stain the wooden frame and posts in the color of your likings and you’l have the most perfect looking garden in town! See this manual for more information.
- If you need to install a Trendline black bamboo fence panel against an existing wall or wooden fence, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo poles with our special 4 mm bamboo drill bit. Do this every 20 cm or so in horizontal direction and fasten the bamboo fence with 4 x 60 mm screws. Repeat this toward the top, middle and bottom of the fence for maximum stability. Do not use excessive force when tightening the screws to avoid damaging the bamboo poles.
General properties of bamboo and maintenance tips
- Each black bamboo pole is unique, therefore color differences in a fence panel are possible.
- The diameter of each pole in a bamboo fence panel may slightly vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will occur in bamboo poles. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks when temperature or humidity conditions change. Cracks, however, have no effect on the structural integrity of a bamboo fence.
- Bamboo used in outdoor conditions will weather over time. We advice to treat black bamboo fencing panels on an annual basis with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant transparent sealer that preserves its natural dark color.
|Scientific Name||Phyllostachys nigra|
|Country of origin||China|
|Diameter poles||35-45 mm|